Assistant Bereavement Officer
We are recruiting for Assistant Bereavement Officer to work in Birmingham, Kings Norton area, being part of a well-known Public Sector organisation.
As an Assistant Bereavement Officer you will need to have:
* Strong IT skills
* Driving licence is desirable
* Strong Customer Service skills
* Be a good communicator
* Be flexible to work some weekends if necessary
* Have a professional manner whilst dealing with bereavement queries
* Administration experience
* Salary: £8.45 per hour
* Working Hours : Part Time 18.5 hours per week, couple of hours each morning Monday to Friday.
* Location: Longdales Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, UK, B38 9BU
* Duration: Ongoing
Role of a Assistant Bereavement Officer:
* To liaise directly with the public/service users etc., both by telephone and in person in respect of the Burial and Cremation Service.
* Receiving telephone bookings for burials/cremations and witness scatters, completing the particulars of burial order forms, checking funeral directors confirmation forms for discrepancies, entering of information into booking diaries / computer, noting special requests, preparing and checking details for interment, entering the details into the statutory and other registers and maintaining the statutory documents. Inputting and updating of information on the Wesley Music System as required.
* Checking the particulars of burial / cremation order forms, entering of information into booking diaries / computer, noting special requests, arranging attendance of minister of religion, preparing and checking details for interment / cremation, entering the details into the statutory and other registers and maintaining the statutory registers.
* Leading on funeral services or undertaking chapel duties as required.
* Preparing, checking and issuing of declarations, indemnities, transfer of grants and associated registration work. Completion of the Disposal Certificates for return to the Registrar of Births and Deaths. Arranging the removal and re fixing of memorials. Checking of memorial permits. Periodic collation of statistics as may be required.
* Produce a totally accurate daily work sheet for the Cemetery / Crematorium together with certificates for disposal when appropriate.
* Recording all Cemetery / Crematorium information ensuring fees are calculated accurately and entered in registers.
* Ensuring all documentation is presented to the Medical Referee or equivalent in an acceptable format for checking and for signature.
* To produce and be responsible for the generation of the Cremation Register and more
Benefits of working with us as an Assistant Bereavement Officer:
* 28 days annual leave
* Eye care vouchers
* Retail Discounts and more after one year of service
* Pension Scheme
* Optional PAI (personal accident insurance)
* Weekly pay
Please be aware that due to a large number of applicants you may not be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within a week please give us a call on : ……