Account Coordinator – Washington, £24-26k
Manage the company’s commercial business in an effective and professional manner. Coordinate various business development activities; including customer inquiries, quotation development and pricing negotiations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Represent the company at sales meetings. Maintain contacts and coordinate customer information within the company along with facilitating and resolving problems between the customer and various internal departments.
* Maintain and provide accurate data to determine competitiveness and profitability in order to establish pricing and develop quotations.
* Provide annual sales forecast and history reports for management review as required.
* Interface with various departments including product engineering, purchasing, engineering, packaging, etc. to ascertain design change information, material cost, assembly time/labour cost, tooling costs and packaging and freight costs.
* Negotiate with the customer for price, cost recovery of design changes, conditions of trade etc.
* Support in cost reduction activities.
* Gather information from the customer(s) both external and internal and communicate it to the relevant departments.
* Liaise with parent company in Japan and other regions as required
* Assist in coordination of activities for various tradeshows, demonstrations, benchmarking etc.
* Support the implementation, achievement, and maintenance of the Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
* HND or degree in Business Studies
* Minimum of two years’ experience within a related environment, ideally within automotive manufacturing.
* Computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point).
* Good communication skills, fluent in English language, oral and written.
* Good negotiation skills, able to consider all opportunities and options both short and long term
* Available to travel