Hours: 09.00 – 17.00, Monday to Friday
Position: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £40,000 50,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service
Pension: Excellent contributory pension
Benefits: Life assurance
My client is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. They provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering chartered building & quantity surveying, project management, architecture & master planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability and health & safety.
– My client employs about 255 staff, of which 154 are based at their South East London/Kent Office.
– The M&E Sustainability Team has 19 people based in South East London/Kent and 9 People based in London.
– The CAD team does a bit of both CAD and Revit. In South East London/Kent, about 80% of the work is CAD but the amount of Revit is and will continue to increase.
– They have an active Sports and Social Club who organise things like cocktail making, go-karting, golf afternoons, a panic room experience, Summer BBQ casino nights etc.
– They also have a corporate away day once a year. This year they are going to Port Lympne to do some volunteering in the morning and then have the afternoon to look around the park. There will be evening entertainment, a Prosecco reception and a BBQ in the evening.
– Dress code is kind of smart casual e.g. men wear shirts and trousers but no tie. Women just need to general look smart.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our M&E Team
Duties will include:
– Develop and present project design proposals to the client following review of the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead consultant or as member of a design team.
– Completion of site inspections and surveys, as required to produce the design and tender package.
– Prepare, ready for tender of specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
– As required, tendering, tender analysis and recommending of appropriate contractor to meet project requirements when acting as Lead Consultant.
– When acting as Lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management and Contract Administration as defined by the client in his letter of appointment
– Site inspections to ensure that works are completed in accordance with the design and specification requirements/workmanship standards required. Overseeing of testing and commissioning and checking of record drawings/operating and maintenance manuals.
– Providing technical and commercial advice to Client`s on electrical matters.