A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Estimator to join the Preconstruction Department of an independent construction company in the south of England. Reporting to the Pre-construction Director, you will produce accurate estimates on time for adjudication and to negotiate successful tenders through to hand-over with the delivery teams, to enable the Company to fulfil its business objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
· Reviewing and assessing the tender documentation and requirements to enable production of successful tenders
· Producing accurate net estimates with full breakdowns for adjudication.
· Identifying and report on risk and opportunity/scope
· Making sure that tenders take in to account health and safety, quality and environmental legislation as well as compliant with the companies policies and procedures
· Seeking value engineering and advantage through tender process
· Selecting suppliers / sub-contractors from the approved list and obtain quotations on a like for like basis
· Maintaining communications and consult with the selected suppliers / sub-contractors during the tender period
· Attending mid-tender meetings with client / professional team and carry out site surveys/visits as required
· Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience and capabilities
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency