Job Title: Sample Prep Applications Specialist (Electron Microscope)
Do you have a PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or related discipline? Do you have scientific credibility among peers with the ability to influence and lead? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly experienced team of people in a leading company.
Purpose of Job
To enhance the company’s reputation as a leader in the field of coating and sample preparation by acting as the companies expert. The Application Specialist ensures that our customers are satisfied with solutions by providing technical expertise on applications to customers, staff and sales network. Where a suitable solution does not exist, the Application Specialist works with the Sales and Engineering departments to evaluate the potential for a new product development.
Key tasks include:
* Pre-sales technical discussions with customers and partners;
* Assisting with submission of tender documents;
* Answer applications queries forwarded by sales/service from end-users and distributors regarding equipment;
* Provide proof of concept product demonstrations;
* Training of customer operators, both on-site and off-site;
* Establish customer reference sites for alpha/beta testing and development of applications notes;
* Identify new applications for companies equipment and write application notes illustrating these;
* Promote company technologies through participation in seminars, workshops and conferences;
* Provide the marketing team with data required for the development of appropriate marketing materials, such as brochures and presentations;
Key tasks include:
* Work with Customer Support to define guidelines for determining whether an issue is a product failure or an application issue;
* Provide application support on all products, pre and post-sales, through telephone, emails and onsite meetings;
* Perform troubleshooting and quality issue resolution;
* Train the sales admin and service engineers on applications so they can handle basic queries;
* Identify and discuss product development needs with the Engineering department.
* The Applications Specialist acts as an internal product expert, combining an in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of the company’s equipment with an understanding of the wider state of the art, to support engineering in development of new products for equipment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or related discipline. 5+ years of relevant experience preferred.
* You will be expected to have scientific credibility among peers with the ability to influence and lead.
Required Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will have:
* Proven expertise in working with coaters and related EM sample preparation methodologies is essential;
* Experimental experience in thin film formation and characterisation;
* Proven ability to operate a Scanning Electron Microscope, including ancillary equipment such as EDX;
* Ability to cope with rapidly changing demands on time and prioritise jobs according to urgency;
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Experience in a B2B customer-facing position, such as technical sales or service;
* Experience supplying products on an OEM basis to manufacturers of scientific equipment;
* Experience managing a microscopy laboratory, including sample preparation;
ACS are recruiting for a Sample Prep Applications Specialist If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Sample Prep Applications Specialist please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Sample Prep Applications Specialist It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as Sample Prep Applications Specialist with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Sample Prep Applications Specialist role you desire