The role of Account Manager is to manage and grow selected retail accounts. This can be either a specific category, initiative or channel within OHFs largest customer (M&S) and / or selected smaller strategic retail accounts (e.g. Waitrose or Boots).
Account Management is in-line with our company strategy and the primary objective is to ensure we secure sustainable, profitable sales growth within the selected retail customer / channel.
-Build strong relationships within the target customers working closely across all internal function to drive alignment to customer values and ways of working.
– Working closely with OHFs wider cross functional teams to achieve; cost effective innovation, strong promotional planning & excellent service levels.
– Work with both customer and internal teams to drive channel opportunities, availability & store ranging whilst controlling waste.
– Work closely with the category and NPD teams to ensure understanding of new product trends and support commercial viability driven by identified consumer need.
– The role will be to identify and secure all possible profitable opportunities with the selected customers/channels and grow them to their full potential.
– To influence the business unit to create the wow factor required to continue to differentiate Orchard House with its customers.
– To liaise both internally within the business and externally with customers to ensure timely, efficient and accurate communication regarding commercial activities such as launches, delists, promotions and range performance.
Act as deputy to the Commercial Manager in their absence, communicating internally and externally with the customer(s) as required.
Key Performance Indicators
Annual turnover versus plan and last year
Share of customers category turnover
Delivery of standard gross margin to plan
Rating on Customer Scorecards
Graduate calibre with experience of working in a commercial environment ideally with some supervised account management experience.
Commercial acumen with evidence of negotiation skills.
Strong analytical and numerical skills.
High standards professionally and personally.
Computer skills including Power Point and word & ideally with intermediate / advanced level of excel skills.
Possess strong persuasive skills to be able to have a wide influence across the business.
Self-managing, the ideal candidate will challenge upwards to continuously improve the business and will not wait to be directed.
Reliable, organised & thorough with excellent administration skills and strong attention to detail.
Good interpersonal skills, good communicator at all levels, confident & tenacious.
Customer focussed with strong passion for food & retailing.
Flexible and self-motivated.
Strong time management / ability to handle several activities at once.
Strong bias towards completer/finisher profile, demonstrating persistence to see a project through to completion.
2-3 years post graduate experience as a junior account executive within a chilled food & drink environment.
Retailer credibility within a dynamic chilled foods environment.
Experience of working with major retailers in an own-label environment.
Commercial or marketing experience