Service asset and configuration manager, IT Operations
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The role will ensure that the IT assets or Configuration Items (CI’s) required to deliver IT services are properly controlled, accurate, and reliable information about those CI’s is accessible when and where it is needed. This information includes details of where assets are located, how those assets have been configured and the relationships between Configuration items.
The primary role of the Service Asset and Configuration Lead is to be the custodian and guardian of all assets and documentation, CIs registered within the asset, and configuration management system and to manage the processes and procedures required to maintain accuracy of the IT Asset Database and the Configuration Management Database.
The list below is not in priority order.
1. Develops and implements Configuration and Asset Management standards, policies and procedures.
2. Plans the population of the CMDB; owns and manages the CMDB, central libraries, tools and data integrity; ensures CMDB data is current and accurate.
3. Owns the process by which relationships are created and updated in the CMDB, such as key IT and business services and applications to servers and databases.
4. Understands best practices and determines optimized procedures for updating CI data including the use of automated processes, discovery tools/integrations with other data sources, and manual input processes as necessary.
5. Develop and implement best practice standards, policies and procedures for planning, recording, monitoring and the maintenance of software and hardware assets.
6. Defines the success metrics and monitoring of Configuration Management and Asset Management processes.
7. Responsible for report generation including configuration status, license consumption, license entitlement, warranty, and other IT asset reporting.
8. Provides coaching and conducts training for CMDB stakeholders to ensure appropriate understanding of the Configuration and Asset Management system and its relationship to Change Management and other key IT processes.
9. Collaborates with other IT process owners and functional areas (e.g. Change Management, Problem Management, Release Management etc.)
10. Evaluates industry innovations, maturity, trends, and changes regularly to plan and recommend new strategies.
11. Assists auditors to audit the activities of the Configuration and Asset Management team for compliance with current procedures; ensures corrective action is carried out.
12. Establishes the naming conventions and standards to be used to uniquely identify object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases, and templates.
13. Works with the ITSM projects to raise awareness and win support for new Configuration and Asset Management procedures; ensures that changes to the Configuration and Asset Management methods and processes are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented; plans, publicises and oversees implementation of new/updated Configuration and Asset Management systems.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK’s Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received