As the Senior Systems Architect for Embedded Systems within this hugely successful Communications company, you will power the system architecture process by anticipating and responding to market demand for new developments and by establishing well-defined development programs to meet those demands.
With your primary focus on embedded systems architecture, the work will include close collaboration with a number of Network, UT and Platform development teams within the Development and Engineering division, as well as collaborating with the other development teams across the organisation. The role requires a good communicator to take active participation with the Business Units, Product Managers and internal and external Subject Matter Experts.
The successful candidate will above all be able to demonstrate a thorough grasp of systems thinking and the ability to understand, interpret and adopt new technical information rapidly. You will need a demonstrable interest in new technologies and product innovation and a practical understanding of the technology development lifecycle.
– Provide technology leadership for the development of the architecture for embedded systems within user terminals or adjacent to them in customer premises equipment.
– Provide assurance over the architecture for different types of user terminal with differing levels of hardware integration.
– Work with Product Managers and both internal and external Subject Matter Experts, including Space, Network, UT and Platform Development teams to develop market requirements for end devices.
– Produce clear, concise, and balanced documentation to justify or oppose particular product or network development proposals; serve as a fair and unbiased broker in a project team who must consider market requirement match, strategic fit in the portfolio, strategic fit in the industry, complexity, cost and risk.
– Build and maintain relationships with the business unit experts such that system development becomes a collaborative process and ideas presented to a wider audience show increased quality and feasibility.
– Take an active role in establishing the baseline scope, timeline and cost of investment cases ensuring open, fair and reasoned analysis building upon inputs from all members of the team, including the Space Segment, Network, UT and Platform Development teams, the Infrastructure Investment team and other SMEs.
– Track industry trends for parallels that should be evaluated in order to stimulate additional value creation, including major technology developments that push the internal development cycle.
– Build and maintain relationships with Universities both for technology-push/R&D activities and to build the Technology Development Programme, including development of structured learning material.
Knowledge and Skills:
– Master`s Degree or equivalent in relevant science or technology field is preferred
– Expertise across the range of embedded hardware aspects including RFIC, ASIC, SoC design and fabrication, module development & system integration
– Expertise in embedded software platforms, including embedded processor architectures, security domains, application virtualization and differential upgrades.
– Awareness of physical layer, antennas, network emulation, type approval demands placed on embedded systems that are part of a wider user terminal.
– Superb analytical skills and the ability to bring them to bear on a new subject or requirement to rapidly identify key drivers, features, implementation choices and pitfalls. Data driven and precise, you will be able to constantly replace this knowledge to match a highly dynamic market.
– Ability to matrix-manage a diverse set of colleagues as a project moves through the various stages of investigation, business case development, architectural development, implementation, improvement and retirement.
– You will be able to communicate in market features and drivers terms with commercial colleagues including Business Unit Presidents and business development leads.
– You will be able to fully engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with the Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external.
– Excellent self and team awareness skills to guide interactions to the most positive outcomes, driving an adhoc team to the correct conclusions, even if individual members arrive with pre-conceived notions contrary to that conclusion.
– Creative thinker and problem solver, willing to keep options open for as long as productive analysis is occurring, within timelines appropriate for the needs of the business.
– Articulate and engaging written and presentation skills are considered gating criteria
– A track record in relevant communications, network infrastructure or related computing infrastructure field (specific engineering experience related to messaging/M2M will be an advantage)
Interested candidates need to apply now and should expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours
Benefits: Plus Bonus Scheme & Corporate Benefi