Design Manager – Permanent – Main Contractor – Affordable Housing
Competitive salary + package (negotiable)
This is a career opportunity for a Design Manager to work for a leading Main Contractor who specialise in the construction of Affordable Housing projects. The company has multiple developments in progress and upcoming and are actively looking for an experienced Design/Technical Manager to work on a framework of projects across Bristol and the South West.
The role – Design Manager
You will be an experienced Design Manager or Technical Coordinator for either a main contractor or house builder. The role will be reporting to a Director and will be working with pre-construction and delivery teams on new build housing developments. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
* Design and delivery of all projects by ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of require project outcomes by exceeding client expectations on programme, cost and quality
* Ensure all project outcomes meet the customer expectations
* Day to day management of direct reports and providing the strategy / leadership to achieve the business / contract objectives
* Management of the design team where applicable
* Manage risk, commercial issues and compliance processes and procedures in relation to Quality, H&S, Environmental Management and other policies
* Identify skill specialism and shortages.
* Establish and manage the documentation and deliverables completion processes.
* Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers.
* Production of a Contractors Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
* Preparation of Briefs for structural investigations, surveys and monitoring.
* Budgetary management of tender design fees and preparation of detailed design fee estimates.
* Designer liaison including design review meetings, progress & performance reporting, and design change control.
* Liaison with Clients, approval bodies and other relevant third parties.
* Input to analytical & interpretative reports on technical and commercial factors.
* Review of designs on behalf of the contractor, including interrogating drawings and other technical documentation.
* Leading evaluation of added value options and participation in value engineering meetings
To qualify for this position you must have recent experience working on House Building projects as either Design or Technical Manager/Coordinator or above and have a proven track record for delivery. You will have already worked for a regional or national main contractor or House Builder on private or social dwellings.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on ……
Benefits: Car, pension + neg